School is almost here. Are you ready?
YO is open all this week, Monday-Friday, from 12 pm to 9 pm.
Next week–Monday, September 7–YO will be closed for Labor Day. But we’ll be back on Tuesday. Maybe we’ll see you at lunch.
Stop by YO after school to hang-out, get help with your homework, and stick around for Drop-In at 5 pm.
Newberg schools are almost back in session. Check out their calendar for more details.
Here is a list of school supplies needed for the middle schools and high school:
1. Hardcover 3-ring loose leaf binder
2. Notebook paper
3. Blue or black ink pens
4. Colored pencils
5. Pencil bag for notebook
6. PE uniforms (mandatory) purchased in main office. $15.00/set (shirt and shorts)
7. #2 pencils
8. Glue sticks
9. Protractor (6” plastic)
10. Solar calculator
12. Kleenex box
13. Ream of copy paper
** Additional supplies may be needed for specific classes and projects. As students’ supplies are used up, they will need to be replenished.
- BINDER (3-RING) 2” or larger with 7 index dividers
- BOOK COVER Large Stretchy Fabric for Math
- HIGHLIGHTER 1 any color
- MARKERS 12 pack assorted non-permanent
- NOTEBOOK – SPIRAL 6 (8th grade four spirals and a 2-3
- section spiral)
- PAPER – NOTEBOOK 4 packages College lined-3 hole punched
- PE CLOTHES – The Middle Schools and High School have PE uniforms which consists of a T-shirt and shorts that are purchased in the Main Office for $15. Students will also need socks and shoes. A separate pair of shoes is not required, but students do need to wear non-marking athletic shoes appropriate for exercise on PE days. P.E. sweat shirt and/or sweat pants ($23/set or $11 for sweat shirt and $12 for sweat pant) – optional, but if your child wants to wear sweatpants and/or sweatshirts they must wear these.
- PENS 12 Black
- #2 PENCILS 24 – sharpened
- PENCILS-COLORED 12 pack – sharpened
- PENCIL BAG Zippered for 3 ring binder
- PENCIL SHARPENER Small-covered for Math
- RULER 12”/30cm
- SMALL POST IT NOTES 1 small pack for Math, 3 small packs for ELL Core
If these items are needed for class, we will supply and supervise their use.
Supplies for 6th Grade
- CALCULATOR inexpensive
- 4 function solar or Fractional/Scientific solar (w/name in
Supplies for 7th Grade
- CALCULATOR inexpensive Fractional/Scientific solar (w/name in permanent marker)
- 3×5 NOTE (INDEX) CARDS 1 package for Science
- PLANNER/ CALENDAR
Supplies for 8th Grade
- CALCULATOR Fractional/Scientific solar (w/name in permanent marker)
- 4×6 NOTE (INDEX) CARDS 1 package for Core
- PLANNER/CALENDAR Recording Assignments for Core
Supplies needed for all
Items will be collected and shared school wide
- LOW ODOR DRY ERASER PENS 2 for Math
- GLUE STICKS 3 large or 6 small
- KLEENEX 3 large boxes
- PAPER – COPIER 3 reams
These items are not allowed at Mountain View Middle School
- *LAZER POINTERS
- *PERMANENT MARKERS/SHARPIES
- *RUBBER CEMENT
- *RUBBER BANDS
There is no standard supply list for all students at NHS. Supply needs will be determined by what classes the student is taking. It is recommended that students show up on the first day with a binder, paper, and something to write with. Teachers will inform their students of any additional supplies they will need.
If you can answer “YES” to the following questions, we might have a job for you:
For more information about picking blueberries and getting paid for it, call Kristin at 503-550-2778.
Forget to get your permission slip? Leave it at YO? Wish you even had one?
Fear not. The permission slips can now be found on the right-hand side of the page. Just click and print.
We have lots of cool things going on: beach trips, water fights, sports in the park, BBQ s, and more.
SafeShelter services are also available during the summer months.
Check out our hiking trip photos from the Tualatin River Wildlife Refuge. We saw Canadian geese, 2 hawks, cool ducks, a big bird’s nest, and a blue heron.
This video is of some of the guys carefully approaching some geese.